Table tennis is one of the most accessible sports and can be played at any level right up to the Olympics! It is a challenging sport to master, but great fun and a surprisingly good workout.
- Learn the different techniques and skills for table tennis.
- Learn specialist table tennis vocabulary.
- Improve confidence and teamwork skills.
- Play at Ilfracombe Table Tennis Club which offers 5 competition tables.
The Table Tennis Programme also includes one full day excursion, and at least three evening activities taken from the Discovering Devon Programme.
A typical week’s programme for the Table Tennis Programme with 15 hours of lessons per week might be as follows:
|Saturday||Arrivals & Transfer||Meet and get to know your host family|
|Sunday||Induction Meeting for new students||Unpack & settle with family||Stay at home and practise English with family|
|Monday||English test & orientation||Table Tennis Lesson||Stay at home and practise English with family|
|Tuesday||Daytrip to King Arthur’s Castle at Tintagel||Boat Trip around North Devon (optional)|
|Wednesday||English Classes||Table Tennis Lesson||Karaoke night|
|Thursday||English Classes||English Classes||Disco|
|Friday||English Classes||Table Tennis Lesson||Barbecue & Tennis|
This programme requires a minimum of 4 students, and for all students aged between 12-16. We accept all levels of students, from beginners to the more advanced players, and in there are 3 x 3 hour sessions per week. In their sessions they will not just have lots of fun but will also improve along the way.
- Age: 12 to 16 years old
- Activity sessions: 7.5 hours per week in 3 sessions
- Group size: 8 students per instructor
- Lessons: 15 hours of English per week
- Class size: 15 students max per class
- Level: From A2 to C1
- Available: 16th June to 11th August 2018