All our staff are experienced in helping people from different backgrounds and cultures with both personal and study related issues. We always try to encourage students to come and see us with any problems (or even just for a chat), we are here to help and enjoy any opportunity to spend more time with students.
All staff complete a course in child protection and there are at least two members of staff who hold the Advanced Safeguarding qualification.
Click here to meet some of our staff [LINK TO MEET THE TEAM], as you can see we have many people working in a variety of positions and all are looking forward to meeting new students.
In the school, we have:
- Students can recognise teachers by the black lanyards they wear.
- All our teachers are TEFL qualified, which means they are specially trained to teach English to students.
- If you have any concerns about classes you can always talk to your teacher or to the Director of Studies, and they will help resolve the situation.
- Students can recognise Activity Leaders by the blue tops and red lanyards they wear.
- Our Activity Leaders accompany students on activities, to make sure they are having fun whilst learning about the local area and trips.
- If you need someone to talk to during an activity always go to an Activity Leader as they are there to help.
- You can recognise our Office Staff by the blue lanyards they wear.
- Our office staff are always on hand in the office if you need someone to talk to, and this is also where you can go with any questions regarding families/activities/lessons/free time/sets.
- The office is open 9-5 and you can phone us on 0044 1271 862834, or 24 hour emergency number is 0044 74825 37522.
- You can recognise our PALS by their bright pink or yellow tops, and the purple lanyards they wear.
- PALS are local teenagers who are at the school to make friends with the students, welcome them to the local community, and attend activities and free time events with them.
- If you have a question PALS can always tell students who to talk to, but remember they are volunteers so they cannot fix a problem without the help of a staff member.