This course explores popular places of local interest and teaches students about the area’s history, geography and culture.
- Explore popular places of local interest in the stunning Devon countryside and along the coast.
- Develop an understanding of the English culture.
- Expand their English vocabulary.
- Have fun learning about the region.
- Enjoy a swim at Woolacombe, the UK’s best beach (TripAdvisor in the last 5 years), or at the stunning Tunnels beach in Ilfracombe.
A typical week’s programme for the Discovering Devon Programme with 15 hours of lessons per week might be as follows:
|Saturday||Arrivals & Transfer||Meet and get to know your host family|
|Sunday||Induction Meeting for new students||Unpack & settle with family||Stay at home and practise English with family|
|Monday||English test & orientation||Watermouth Castle||Games night at DJ’s bar|
|Tuesday||Full daytrip to Exeter Cathedral and City||Boat Trip around North Devon (optional)|
|Wednesday||English Classes||Combe Martin Wildlife Park||Karaoke night|
|Thursday||English Classes||English Classes||Disco at Whispers Nightclub|
|Friday||English Classes||Ten Pin Bowling||Barbecue & Tennis|
- Age: 7 to 17 years old
- Activity Sessions: 9 hours per week in 3 sessions
- Group size: 15 students to 1 activity leader
- Lessons: 15 or 18 hours of English per week
- Class size: 15 students max per class
- Level: From A2 to C1
- Dates: Available all year