Prepare for university and further study with an intensive residential English language course for students aged 16-20 from all over the world.
We are pleased to announce our new venue for 2018 is West Buckland School, an outstanding independent boarding school set in 90 acres of stunning countryside in the South West of England. Students enjoy learning in a beautiful and safe rural location, close to the spectacular Atlantic coast in North Devon.
Our unique 3 week residential educational experience with a diverse and enriching curriculum is designed for 16-20 year old students providing a taster of what it’s like to study at university level in the UK. Our carefully planned schedule ensures that the programme meets the academic needs of students, allows time to enjoy the excellent facilities on site at West Buckland School and experience our cultural life with an abundance of extra-curricular activities.
7th – 28th JULY 2018
Students will benefit from some exceptional facilities at West Buckland School including:
• Parker’s – a dedicated residential centre offering a friendly and welcome community environment. This newly built accommodation offers en-suite single bedrooms, a fully fitted kitchen and a variety of open spaces.
• A library and study centre which opened in 2015, providing open plan learning spaces, library and IT resources.
• A outstanding sports complex including a sports hall, first-class fitness suite, an all-weather pitch, 25m indoor swimming pool, extensive playing fields, squash courts, tennis courts and shooting ranges.
Study Skills Programme with IELTS
This course has been specifically designed to develop the language and study skills students will require in further education.
Students will be guided to acquire an array of skills which facilitate the process of organising and taking in new information, retaining information and handling evaluation.
The course will cover four modules:
- Manage yourself to study
- Academic skills
- People and presentation skills
- Task Management skills
The IELTS preparation module will run parallel to the above components.
Upon completion of the course, students will be:
- More confident and autonomous learners
- Able to use a range of study skills to cope with academic work
- Well prepared for the IELTS exam
Entry level: B2 or above
25 hours study per week
Minimum stay 2 weeks / Maximum stay 3 weeks
7th JULY – 28th JULY 2018
|Monday to Friday||Saturday & Sunday|
|Student Meeting||All Day Trip|
|IELTS Exam Preparation|
|Evening Events & Activities||Evening Events & Activities|
|Free Time||Free Time|
Country Cousins fees are on a per student per week basis (Minimum stay 2 weeks / Maximum stay 3 weeks) and include:
• English lessons (tuition fees cover 25 hours per week). Each lesson lasts 60 minutes.
• All course and teaching materials.
• Classes with a maximum of 12 students.
• Student welfare and support 24 hours a day.
• Supervision during all activities.
• Two day trips per week.
• Full board accommodation in a single, ensuite bedroom.
• Sports facilities and equipment.
• 1 watersports or 1 surfing activity per week.
• Entrance fees for all programmed events (not optional activities).
• Evening events.
• Return transfers and escorts services on Saturdays from London Heathrow airport.
• Free wi-fi on site at West Buckland School.
Price: £1,360 per week
7th JULY – 28th JULY 2018